Eat (Vegan) Fresh!
I have always maintained a love-hate relationship with Subway. Before my veg days, it was easily my favorite and most often visited fast food choice. I always liked the idea that I was eating healthier, if not entirely healthy. A few months back I spotted this campaign from Compassion Over Killing and I signed it right away.
The coolest thing about this is that it worked! Subway has begun to roll out some new vegan options, and luckily enough, they are testing these at select DC, MD, and VA locations. I myself cannot wait to check out these new vegan options!
According to CoK:
Starting this week, several Subway Cafés in Maryland, DC, and Virginia are featuring three new all-vegan savory sandwiches:
Sweet Riblet ♦ Malibu Greek ♦ Italian Black Bean
Vegan Subway Sandwiches: The following Subway Café locations are either currently offering the vegan options or plan to offer them within the next week or two:
- 555 13th St NW, Washington, DC 20005 -- 202-347-4616
- 455 Massachusetts Ave, NW (1st Floor) Washington, DC 20001 -- 202-638-0348
- 550 First St., NW, Washington, DC 20001 -- 202-661-6639
- 8145 Main St, Ellicott City, MD 21043 -- 410-418-4330 (pictured above)
- 5520 Research Park Dr, #107 (Univ. of MD, Baltimore County), Catonsville, MD 21228 -- 410-455-5222
- 300 Sentinel Dr, #100, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701 -- 301-490-6553
- 320 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- 703-879-4321
- 2361 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- 703-879-4321